Prayer

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to Go".
Philippians 4:6
by Jennifer Osei-Nkansah McGill



Prayer Quotes


We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties. -- Oswald Chambers

When a man is at his wits' end it is not a cowardly thing to pray, it is the only way he can get in touch with Reality. -- Oswald Chambers

There come times when I have nothing more to tell God. If I were to continue to pray in words, I would have to repeat what I have already said. At such times it is wonderful to say to God, "May I be in Thy presence, Lord? I have nothing more to say to Thee, but I do love to be in Thy presence." -- O. Hallesby

God tells us to burden him with whatever burdens us. -- Author Unknown


Bible verses on Prayer:

Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (NIV)

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (NIV)

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (NIV)

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (NIV)

1 John 3:21-22
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. (NIV)

Five great Prayers in the Bible:
Ephesians 3:14-19 -- Prayer for the Ephesians
Ephesians 1:15-23 -- Paul's Prayer for the Ephesians
Mathhew 6:5-15 -- The Lord's prayer
Psalm 23 -- The Lord is my Shepherd
Nehemiah 1:4-11 -- Nehemiah's prayer for Success

Prayer Websites and Books:
I Lift my Eyes Prayer Ministries : You will find a lot about prayers on this site

0 comments:

Post a Comment